ANNUAL PROGRESS REPORT
Annual Activities Report
- 15-2-2014. In House annual school exams were held. All students passed.
- 25-2-2014 onwards. House of Light School children appeared in the Federal Board of Education Exams for Class V held from 25 February, 2014 onwards.
- 17-3-2014. AFAQ held a one- day teachers training session for teachers at the House of Light School premises on 17th March, 2014 attended by all the teachers.
- 11-3 2014. MAZE Teachers Training. MAZE held a one- day training session for pre- primary teachers.
- 31-3-2014. Annual Results Day . Parents, Members of HIT Trust and a large number of guests attended the function.
House of Light School children performed variety of items on the occasion. Chief Guest President of Rotary Club of Islamabad Metropolitan Ms. Tayyaba Gul, presented prize cups and certificates to outstanding students. Ms. Tayyaba Gul presented a cheque for Rs: 100,000 on behalf of RCIM towards cost of text books for the new academic year.
HOL School students who had won Scholarships in the Federal Directorate of Education Islamabad exams were awarded certificates.
It may be added here that all our 26 students who sat in the F.D.E.I class V exams achieved A, A+ grades and 3 scholorships accorded by the F.D.E.I. All HOL students cleared their in-house class exams this year.
- 15-3-1014. New Admissions for the Session 2014: 25 new students were accepted for admission into Prep-I class. Selection of deserving students, made by the Selection Committee, was based strictly on the income bracket of their parents (around Rs 10,000 and less).
- 1-4-2014. Beginning of new academic session started.
- 6-5-2014. A group of 3 Iqra University students visited the school and donated an electric cooler for students.
- 26-5-2014. First term exams.
- 24- 5-2014. Phonetic Awareness training workshop for parents
- 17-5-2014. A one- day teachers training session was held at the school by renowned educationist Ms. Afsheen of the RCIM (Rotary Club of Islamabad Metropolitan )
- 12-6-2014. A Free Eye Camp for school students and parents was held by the Al- Shifa Eye Trust Rawalpindi.
16-6-2014. Open Day for 1st term exams.
10-6-2014. A training session on “Islamic Teaching Methods” was held by members of the Al- Noor Academy Islamabad.
- 14-6-2014. School was closed for summer vacations till 5th August, 2014.
- 9-8-2014. Eid Milan party was held on 9th August, 2014 at which students had played games and participated in various social activities and games.
- 14-8-2014. Independence Day function on school premises was celebrated with enthusiasm and dedicated to Jinnah’s Pakistan by the students.
- 18-9-2014. Parents- Teachers Meeting (PTM).
- 20-9-2014. Study Trip for class IV to VIII to Lok Vrisa Museum and the Pakistan Monument.
- 25-9-2014 A Medical Camp for students’ general check-up was held under the aegis of RCIM
- 22/25-10-2014. A 2 days MAZE Training Workshop at NCE Head Office I-10/2, Islamabad.
- 25-10-2014. Uniforms for all classes distributed by HIT Trust Member, Amb(R) Afzal Akbar Khan.
- 1-11-2014. Field trip to the Zoo at the Baharia Enclave, Islamabad for junior classes (Prep-II to class III) organized by students of Iqra University.
- 28-11-2014. Second Term Exams.
-2-12-2014. Second term Open Day.
- 2-12-2014. A one- day Parents Workshop on Basic Health Issues held by Dr. Aneeqa.
- 3-12-2014. MAZE team Consultancy visit for Pre- Primary classes.
- 4-12-2014. A one- day Teacher Training session held in school by Ms. Tahira Javed on “Class Management”.
- 9-12-2014. Green Day was celebrated in school. A group of Iqra University students provided plants and pots to students and discussed the role and importance of trees/plants. They also provided lunch to school staff and children. Students performed different entertainment items relevant to the Day.
- 7-12-2014. A 6th Months training session DELM (Diploma for Educational Leaderships & Management) for School principal and 2 coordinators.
- 17-12-2014. Inauguration ceremony of Computer Lab of 10 computers donated by a group of Iqra University students. Mr. Kashif Khan of Iqra University Faculty was the Chief Guest
- 24/26-12-2014. A 3 days training session on “Effective Learning in School” organized by Maze (NCE) held at the Flaunt School I-10/4 Islamabad.
- 24-12-2014. Winter vacations from 24th December 2014 up to 12th January, 2015.
- A total of 4 new teachers joined HOL School during 2014, while 2 teachers left school for various reasons.
Annual Activities Report
Still Life Art Competition
The Embassy of Japan organized a Still Life art competition from 12th November to 23rd December. On 10th Jan 2013 a prize distribution ceremony was held at the Arts Council with Mr Hiroshi OE Ambassador of Japan as the chief guest. 5 students from the House of Light School were awarded certificates.
Inauguration of a Computer Lab
On 21st January Iqra University Islamabad donated 5 computers to the House of Light School. Mr Kashif Khar, a professor at Iqra University and in charge of this project was the chief guest at the donation ceremony held at the House of Light School
Training session for the principal of House of Light School with AFAQ Book Publishers. 22nd January 2013
On January 22nd Mrs Sadia Qaiser, principal of the House of Light School and Mrs Shazia Israr vice principal, attended a training session organized by AFAQ (Association for Academic Quality) held at Regalia Hotel Islamabad from 9.30am to 13.30pm. The seminar on Quality Assurance in School was organized and conducted by Mr Shahid Warsi.
Food program restarted from February 2013
After a 4 year interval the House of Light School was able to restart its Food Program in February 2013 thanks to the efforts of Ms. Sofia Ahmed. Milk, eggs and seasonal fruits are now provided to the children.
Appointment of New Teachers in April 2013
Miss Sabiha Shaheen
Miss Nagina Kausar
Annual Result 2013
2nd of March 2013, a total of 144 students were promoted to their next Grades.
Visit to the National Council of Art (PNCA) March 1, 2013
Hol School children visited the PNCA to see the Japanese film “Sougen no Isu” (A Chair on the Plains).
The same day the children were taken to Rawal Dam on their way back from the PNCA.
New admission 2013 April
22 new students were admitted in Prep 1 for the 2013-14 session.
Annual Day April 5 2013
Chief guest: Ms Shireen Mazari. House of Light School students performed for the guests and also received Prizes for their annual performances.
On April 25 2013 Ms Shireen Mazari donated 2 Computers & 1 Laser Printer to the House Of Light School.
New Syllabus: The Oxford Syllabus. April10, 2013
The management of the school decided to introduce the Oxford Syllabus from Grade -1 to Grade-VII. This syllabus replaced the Federal Board of Education syllabus.
New Teachers Appointment April 2013
Miss Maria Saeed
Miss Ummia Khatoon
Training of Art Teachers held by ….. April 29 2013
Training Topic: Jacob Lawrence and TheMigration Series developed by an American Artist for Art Classes.
HOL School teachers Miss Maria Saeed and Miss Anila Shaheen participated.
Renting a building for the new class. May 1, 2013
House of Light School had to hire a building next to the present school and shifted two classes into the new premises.
Donation of Uniforms. May 8, 2013
Mr. Afzaal, a trustee donated Summer Uniforms for all the children.
Donation by IQRA University. May 22, 2013
Iqra University donated a water dispenser and stationary items (330 copies. seven charts) for the children.
Open Day for 1st Term Exams on 14 June 2013
Parents met with teachers to discuss performance of the 3 month term.
Al-Shifa Trust Eye Hospital Comp 15 june 2013
Dr.Najam Majeed with his 6 members team conducted an eye check up of HOL School students. Some were referred to their hospital for further checkups and treatment.
Summer Vacation from 15th June to 15th August 2013
School reopened after vacations on 16th August 2013.
New Century Education Maze Syllabus, Teachers Training. September 4 2013
HOL School teachers attended a one day Teacher Training Program NCE’s Head Office in I-10/2 Islamabad.
Visit to farm house
Classes Prep-I, Prep-II and Grade-I visited Ms.Shala Rafi’s farm house in November 2013. The children played games and picked oranges from the orchard.
Winter vacations started 24 December 2013